Through our expert medical staff and the help of our valued volunteers, we are able to provide care and services that make a difference in the lives of our community members. We rely on the support of our volunteers to continue to provide the highest quality of care for our patients and their families. From Meals on Wheels delivery to spending time with a home-bound senior to assisting in end-of-life hospice care, our volunteers make a huge impact on the lives of those we serve.
Each volunteer receives training based on his or her area of passion. Volunteers can choose to work directly with individuals and families or help with a variety of office and fundraising projects. VNA’s on-staff Volunteer Coordinator organizes training in services, support groups and recognition events for our volunteers.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome.
Watch as VNA Hospice Volunteer Katy Harwick talks about her experience as a hospice volunteer.
Examples of Volunteer Opportunities Include:
VNA Administrative Volunteers
- Outside maintenance (gardening, window washing)
- Telephone calls to patients, volunteers, staff, etc.
- Office work (mailings, filing, copying)
- Printing, data entry, website updates
- Community events (health fairs, baking, Regatta, Stroll, planning committees)
- Videotaping, photography of educational programs and events (equipment supplied)
- Installation/removal of Lifeline & telehealth monitors in patients’ homes
VNA Meals on Wheels Volunteers
- Home Deliveries
- Site coordination
- Meals on Wheels delivery truck driver
VNA Meals on Wheels volunteers Phil and Sharon Casbon share their experience as Meals on Wheels volunteers.
VNA Hospice Volunteers
- Patient support volunteer
- Memorial service volunteer
- Bereavement support volunteer
- Hospice Center receptionist
- Friends of Hospice (supporting special events and raise awareness of hospice)
- Handcrafting (knitting, sewing, etc.)
- Pet Therapy (certification required)
- Hospice Choir
- Musical entertainment
VNA Phoenix Center Volunteers
- Children's support group leader
- Adult support group leader
- Reception volunteer
- Clerical volunteer
- Program marketing volunteer
VNA Phoenix Center Volunteer Tina Chrisitansen shares her experience working with families.